- Setting the Stage
- Resources for Athletic Department Leadership
- Resources for Coaches & Athletic Staff
- Resources for Student Athletes
Home Student Athlete Mental Health Resources for Coaches & Athletic Staff CICMH Created Content for Coaches & Athletic Staff Student-Athlete & Athletics Semester Planner
Student-Athlete & Athletics Semester Planner
Awareness and planning around what our life will be like throughout the school year can go a long way to maintaining our mental health and well-being. Life as a student can be quite demanding on our schedules, especially during times when other academic, social and personal commitments mount up.
By taking some time to forecast the coming months at the start of each semester across a few key life areas, we can benefit in the following ways:
- Anticipate times in the semester that will naturally become more stressful to help manage expectations.
- Make a plan/schedule to allow for enough time to prepare for tests/assignments.
- Communicate proactively with coaches/professors to seek potential accommodations for coursework as early as possible.
- Adapt our daily life around our training/athletics programming to find a healthier balance with rest and recovery.
- Proactively plan around busy times with family/partners/friends to inform them of when we will have more or less time for social activities.
This resource comes as a standard, editable 8.5″ x 11″ personal format. It is also available to download in a larger 11″ x 17″ personal format & a large format (24″ x 36″) to print and place up in a desired location within the athletics department.
Student Athlete Mental Health
Download Editable PDFs
Click on the links below for editable
11″ x 17″ & 24″ x 36″ PDF versions:
Athlete Semester Planner (11″ x 17″)