Here is a simple checklist to help you determine your readiness to undertake an evaluation. While it may seem daunting to have all these factors in place before you start, not everything on this list is essential. Some factors are more important than others in terms of readiness. The checklist outlines what you ‘need to have’ and what is ‘nice to have.’ Taking stock of your readiness allows you to customize your evaluation plan in a way that works for you.
Appendix 3: Worksheets & Templates
Worksheet #1: Stakeholder Engagment Sheet
Worksheet #2: Sample Logic Model & Exercise
Worksheet #3: Defining Evaluation Questions
Worksheet #4: Data Collection Plan
Prefer Google Docs?
If you have a Google account, you can convert a Word file by following these steps.
- Download the Word file you want to use from the list above.
- In a browser, login to Google Drive.
- Select “New > File Upload”.
- When prompted, select the Word file you downloaded in step 1.
- After the file finishes uploading, it will appear in your Google Drive. Right-click on the file and choose “Open with > Google Docs”.
- The 5Qs of this Toolkit
- 1.0 What is Evaluation?
- 2.0 Planning Your Evaluation
- 2.1 Assessing Readiness
- 2.2 Building an Evaluation Plan
- 2.3 Section Summary
- 3.0 Conducting Your Evaluation
- 3.1 Understanding the Ethics of Data Collection
- 3.2 Designing the Tools and Collecting your Data
- 3.3 Inputting, Analyzing and Interpreting Data
- 3.4 Section Summary
- 4.0 Sharing and Learning
- 5.0 Evaluation Projects
- Resource List
- Partner Resources
- Bibliography and References
- Appendix 1: Glossary of Terms
- Appendix 2: Case Study Answers
- Appendix 3: Worksheets & Templates
- 6.0 Apply to the Evaluation Capacity Program for 2021-2022